MARY L. MURDOCK
7766 Hillcrest Avenue
Grandview, Washington 98930
Leveraging Savvy Social & Online Media Communication Skills
to Deliver Reach & Impact in Marketing
THE MARKETING ARM – Dallas, Texas
Account Executive Intern
Social Media Content Selected to provide social media, marketing and promotional assistance to AT&T and accountable for generating
weekly reports on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram targeting branded venues in multiple locations. Implemented
Blogging local aspects of national campaigns such as March Madness: developed ideas to increase AT&T brand awareness
at local events.
● Compiled utilization and usage reports on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram including "shares" and "likes"
Hashtag Monitoring to determine the effectiveness and total reach of the social media posts.
Photo Monitoring ● Maintained Excel-based scheduling reports on all teams in AT&T branded stadiums including
the Dallas, Cowboys, Texas Rangers and the San Francisco Giants. Summarized weekly reports
Reputation Mgt. in PowerPoint presentations to management.
Copy Editing ● Ensure effective deployment of AT&T's DFW promotional events for March Madness including scheduling
the AT&T bus at restaurants and other event locations.
● Created the prototype campaign to drive Greek Organizations to the AT&T retail store.
● Internally recognized for creative work for a new client - Momentus - undergoing a brand identity change.
Press Releases Championed the idea of branding the Standard Bearers (a/k/a Leader Board) with the company logo at the
Byron Nelson, which was presented to the client.
● Honored as a member of a three-person group developing and pitching the Marketing Arm's services to
a hypothetical client that won the competition. One of eight teams presenting corporate management.
AMERICAN CREDIT CARD PROCESSING CORPORATION - Fort Worth, Texas
APA/MLA Style Fall 2013
Project Management Rotated through all functions of one of the area's leading merchant services providers with assignments
including sales, customer service, operations, account set up and troubleshooting.
● Generated up to 120 outbound phone calls weekly in search of new business for the sales; team met
or exceeded all production targets by 20%.
● Assisted the installation teams on credit machine set-up at the clients office and trained employees on their use.
● Provide technical support to existing accounts for various issues, including downloads.
AMERICAN JUNIOR GOLF ASSOCIATION (AJGA) – Braselton, Georgia
Event Planning Summer, 2013
Summer Intern, Communications
SEO/PPC Provided copy writing, editorial and editing services for the association's on line publication The Insider,
as well as drafting biographies for sponsors, compiling social media reports detailing response volumes
and reach and creating advertising layouts layouts for national publication.
● Drafted recaps of AJGA amateur tournaments, averaging a page to a page-and-one-half, for the web site.
Also published a two-page recap of the Footjoy Invitational Tournament, and interviewed and
published stories about professional and student athletes.
● Pulled Facebook Twitter, Blog and Instagram postings, for monthly inclusion in the Insider's monthly
recap of stories.
● Generated analytical reports for all social media.
● Key player in the creation of a full-page ad, published in Golf Week, spotlighting the male/female winner
of the AJGA Rolex Tournament of Champions.
● Created on-site tournament marketing display for Under Armor-Jeff Overton Championship Tournament
for high school students, a billboard type display about Mr. Overton. “Thank you for all the work you did
in the department. I can honestly say that as a group, we would not have worked without your contributions.”
Roseanna Smith, Vice-President of Communications - AJGA
LCOMM MARKETING & PUBLIC RELATIONS – Fort Worth, Texas
Intern – TCU & Texas Tech University Athletic Dept. Accounts
Completed a six-month internship focusing on social media and public relations activities supporting
both Texas Christian University and Texas Tech University's athletic departments. Authored traditional
press releases, drafted both Facebook and Twitter content and created social media Best Practices for
both athletic departments.
● Key player in TCU's "Go Purple Friday," a public relations program encouraging Fort Worth businesses to
give discounts or promotional items to consumers wearing purple before games. Assembled media kits
and made in person calls to local business.
● Conducted interviews and assembled consumer data from Lubbock Chamber of Commerce and other
sources to determine how Texas Tech could re-brand their athletic department and foster community
TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY – Fort Worth, Texas
Winter 2011-Spring 2012
Sports Marketing Intern – Men’s Baseball Team
Implemented local sponsor's promotional campaigns and giveaways during men's baseball games, overseeing
logistics and labor associated with each promotion.
Bachelor of Science Candidate, Strategic Communication with minor in Spanish
Texas Christian University, 2014
● 2013 Semester Study Abroad, Pablo de Olavide University – Seville, Spain
● Participant in seven major AJGA golf tournaments
Software: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign
National Society of Collegiate Scholars ~ TCU Ad Association Club ~ Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA