Resume Sample: College Graduate
Mary L. Murdock
7766 Hillcrest Avenue
Grandview, Washington 98930
Leveraging Savvy Social & Online Media Communication Skills
to Deliver Reach & Impact in Marketin
THE MARKETING ARM – Dallas, Texas
Account Executive Intern
Social Media Content Selected to provide social media, marketing and promotional assistance to AT&T and
accountable for generating weekly reports on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram targeting
Blogging branded venues in multiple locations. Implemented local aspects of national campaigns
such as March Madness: developed ideas to increase AT&T brand awareness at local events.
● Compiled utilization and usage reports on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram including "shares" and
Hashtag Monitoring "likes" to determine the effectiveness and total reach of the social media posts.
● Maintained Excel-based scheduling reports on all teams in AT&T branded stadiums including
Photo Monitoring the Dallas, Cowboys, Texas Rangers and the San Francisco Giants. Summarized weekly reports
in PowerPoint presentations to management.
Reputation Mgt. ● Ensure effective deployment of AT&T's DFW promotional events for March Madness including scheduling the AT&T bus at restaurants and other event locations.
Copy Editing ● Created the prototype campaign to drive Greek Organizations to the AT&T retail store.
Staff Management Accomplishments
Press Releases ● Internally recognized for creative work for a new client - Momentus - undergoing a brand identity
change. Championed the idea of branding the Standard Bearers (a/k/a Leader Board) with the
Event Recaps company logo at the Byron Nelson, which was presented to the client.
● Honored as a member of a three-person group developing and pitching the Marketing Arm's
Interviews services to a hypothetical client that won the competition. One of eight teams presenting corporate
AMERICAN CREDIT CARD PROCESSING CORPORATION - Fort Worth, Texas
APA/MLA Style Fall 2013
Photographic Staging Rotated through all functions of one of the area's leading merchant services providers with
assignments including sales, customer service, operations, account set up and troubleshooting.
● Generated up to 120 outbound phone calls weekly in search of new business for the sales;
Online Newsletters team met or exceeded all production targets by 20%.
● Assisted the installation teams on credit machine set-up at the clients office and trained employees
Market Research on their use.
● Provided technical support to existing accounts for various issues, including downloads.
AMERICAN JUNIOR GOLF ASSOCIATION (AJGA) – Braselton, Georgia
Creative Briefs Summer, 2013
Summer Intern, Communications
Campaign Design Provided copy writing, editorial and editing services for the association's on line publication The
Insider, as well as drafting biographies for sponsors, compiling social media reports detailing response
Event Planning volumes and reach and creating advertising layouts for national publication.
SEO/PPC ● Drafted recaps of AJGA amateur tournaments, averaging a page to a page-and-one-half, for the
web site. Also published a two-page recap of the Footjoy Invitational Tournament, and interviewed
and published stories about professional and student athletes.
- Pulled Facebook Twitter, Blog and Instagram postings, for monthly inclusion in the Insider's monthly recap of stories.
- Generated analytical reports for all social media.
- Key player in the creation of a full-page ad, published in Golf Week, spotlighting the male/female winner of the AJGA Rolex Tournament of Champions.
- Created on-site tournament marketing display for Under Armor-Jeff Overton Championship Tournament for high school students, a billboard type display about Mr. Overton.
“Thank you for all the work you did in the department. I can honestly say that as a group, we would not have worked without your contributions.” Roseanna Smith, Vice-President of Communications - AJGA
LCOMM MARKETING & PUBLIC RELATIONS – Fort Worth, Texas
Intern – TCU & Texas Tech University Athletic Dept. Accounts
Completed a six-month internship focusing on social media and public relations activities supporting both Texas Christian University and Texas Tech University's athletic departments. Authored traditional press releases, drafted both Facebook and Twitter content and created social media Best Practices for both athletic departments.
- Key player in TCU's "Go Purple Friday," a public relations program encouraging Fort Worth businesses to give discounts or promotional items to consumers wearing purple before games. Assembled media kits and made in person calls to local business.
- Conducted interviews and assembled consumer data from Lubbock Chamber of Commerce and other sources to determine how Texas Tech could re-brand their athletic department and foster community involvement.
TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY – Fort Worth, Texas
Winter 2011-Spring 2012
Sports Marketing Intern – Men’s Baseball Team
Implemented local sponsor's promotional campaigns and giveaways during men's baseball games, overseeing logistics and labor associated with each promotion.
Bachelor of Science Candidate, Strategic Communication with minor in Spanish
Texas Christian University, 2014
- 2013 Semester Study Abroad, Pablo de Olavide University – Seville, Spain
- Participant in seven major AJGA golf tournaments
Software: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign
National Society of Collegiate Scholars ~ TCU Ad Association Club ~ Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA)