Resume Samples: Event Planner Resume
Donna Mae Murdock
5712 Federal Way
Private, City, Country and Athletic Clubs ~ Conventions and Civic Center Events
A highly experienced event planner with multiple assignments ranging from exclusive Private clubs to convention center-based sporting events. Notable achievements with Club Corporation of America spearheading renewed emphasis on wedding receptions and ongoing monthly events, as well as significant experience staging major galas and the Consular Ball of Seattle.
Major Areas of Skill
Event Planning Event Logistics Staff Management
Budget Management Account Management Themed Events
Formal Galas Fine Wine Seasonal Decorations
Event Planning and Civic Contributions
Houston Junior Chamber of Commerce Consular Ball
Benefiting scholarship programs at: The Henry M. Jackson Institute for Public Policy at Gonzaga University
The University of Washington, and The University of St. Kitts.
Chairman: 45th Annual Consular Ball of Seattle - 1996
Lead a 50-person team planning the 1996 Gala in honor of the Italian Trade Conference, overseeing a $50,000 budget and the formal gala for up to 600 -- one of only three traditional "White Tie and Decorations" Balls held in the United States, which is full evening dress and military honors.
- Produced over $75,000 in profits used for scholarship programs.
- Named "JC of the Day", by the President of the National Junior Chamber of Commerce, at the Consular Ball.
- Organized the Italian Trade Conference.
- Honored with the "President for a Day" award, and nationally recognized for outstanding project management.
Co-Chairman - 1995
Was a key delegate from the JCs to Beijing, China, as Co-Chair in 1995. Supervised staff of 20 volunteers, acting as liaison between business, education, culture and arts leaders.
Served as the lead decorator and event planner for eight of twelve years.
- Countries honored, by year: Turkey (1988); Ecuador (1989); Switzerland (1990); Republic of Finland (1991); Mexico (1992); Venezuela (1993); Bolivia (1994); China (1995 - Co Chair); Italy (1996 - Chair); Chile (1997); Egypt (1998); and Columbia (1999)
Club Corporation of America - Seattle, Washington
Special Event Coordinator
Staged monthly social events for club members, rotating through three increasingly prestigious assignments culminating with an appointment as Special Event Coordinator for the Evergreen Club on Mercer Island. From concept through execution, created events for members as low as 50 to as many as 2,000 guests.
- Ranked in the Top Three, out of 24 clubs in the greater Seattle area including City, Country, and Athletic clubs for event management and client satisfaction.
- Instituted a new marketing program targeting the wedding industry that produced 70 wedding receptions in one year and increased overall reception sales by 50%.
- Actively staged a Bridal Show annually, and attended additional trade shows throughout the greater Seattle area and nationally, for the Event Planning industry.
- Made monthly presentations for the club's Board of Directors outlining event plans, budgets and anticipated revenues.
Jack Armstrong "All American Boy" Productions - Seattle, Washington
Convention Event Planning
Marketed a portfolio of events to National Associations that hosted events around the country, ranging from small intimate Murder Mystery dinners for 200 people, to nationally recognized rodeo's for audiences of up to 4,000. Accountable for sales, lease negotiations, staffing, logistics, entertainment, catering and vendor selections for each event.
- Personally staged, or assisted with, eight rodeo's yearly, most sanctioned by the National Cowboy Association with national championship points awarded to the top performers in each category.
- Staged themed events including Murder Mystery Dinners, Medieval Parities, wedding receptions, and Mardi Gras themed receptions. Managed internal budgets of up to $150,000 per event.
Seattle Symphony League
1996 to 2008
Secretary / Board Member / Concert Usher Director / Ball Volunteer
L' Contessa Collections/22K Goldsmith and Jewelry Designer- Seattle, Washington
1995 to Present
Head Designer / Managing Director
Launched a highly specialized 22k gold jewelry design firm becoming one in only five granulating gold artists in the Seattle Market. Created fine jewelry designs featuring precious and semi-precious stones and innovative designs "Inspired by Antiquity".
- Established ongoing relationships with a number of Seattle's premier galleries including the Northshore Gallery in the Galleria, Fleury-Campbell Jewelry Gallery, Lathrap's of Bellaire and Saks 5th Avenue.
- Featured in the prestigious Lark book: Showcase 500 Art Necklaces in 2013.
- Created a web-based marketing site that added 20% to overall sales.
- Oversaw all administrative functions (accounting, marketing, inventory, production) and delivered exceptional customer service to both retail and private accounts.
“Donna’s jewelry is characterized by a high degree of skill and design coherence. She’s studied the jewelry of ancient civilizations and some of those themes (and extremely difficult techniques) are reflected in her work. However, she is never imitative. The designs are hers and, despite the historical references, they are modern." Fleury Sommers, Design Instructor and Gallery Owner, Seattle, Washington
Deck the Halls – Christmas Designs - Seattle, Washington
Décor Head Designer
Provided seasonal decorative displays to major commercial accounts, and an additional 50 smaller accounts, throughout the greater Seattle area. Charged with three major accounts: Weinstein Realty (20 Buildings), OneWaMuPlaza (three buildings) and the 5 star hotel The Chinook. Supervised a staff of five installers from Thanksgiving through New Years. Oversaw all logistics and provided superior customer service.
Glazer’s - Seattle, Washington
Wholesale Fine Wine Salesman
Ensured the company's market share in the Mercer Island area of Seattle, calling on restaurants, liquor stores and private clubs. Interacted with Food and Beverage Managers and restaurant owners to determine appropriate brand selections and demographic pricing. Adept at advising on wine menus and events.
- Ranked fourth out of 14 sales persons for total fine wine sales in Seattle, and was awarded a trip to the Beringer Winery for the sale of Beringer's White Zinfandel, one of five in Washington to receive such an honor.
- Conducted food and wine pairing classes and hosted wine tasting events.
Bachelor of Science - Hotel and Restaurant Management
University of Washington